I spend way to much time thinking about Virtual Reality, which is why I’m usually so disappointed in its implementations.
Virtual World ideas
In virtual worlds: Using game theory and the concept of flow as a way of describing the ideal combination of productivity and immersion. we can begin to build an architectural vocabulary to describe the ideal virtual world. using the 2 terms effective and affective to describe the "forces" at work in creating a viable environment.
Effective Affective User Interface Design in Games Daniel Johnson and Janet Wiles
The Obelisk An obelisk is a simple 3d shape that also holds great mystery and power.
This is a notepage for building an immersive 3d worlds server.
- open cobalt
- open wonderland
- what else? what linux server setup is java friendliest? what are other support tools for worldbuilding? there is also the need for collaboration space.
===== Linux server =====
These are opensource projects that I would like to play with. \
- Streaming servers:
- http://helix-server.helixcommunity.org/ Real Networks open server
- http://osflash.org/red5 Opensourse Flash server
- opensource video/audio streaming server
- darwin streaming qt
- vatata http://freshmeat.net/projects/vatatartspserver
- webcam server http://freshmeat.net/projects/webcam_server
- http://freshmeat.net/projects/fx-player flsh/itunes thing
- alernative flash server http://freshmeat.net/projects/milenia