Secure Macintosh Practices
Just an ad-hock list of things to better secure a Macintosh from the Big Bad Web.
- Turn on Firewall: System Preferences > Security > Firewall
- I use Little Snitch as an active firewall.
I am using a set of 'beta' software packages that I really like from Objective See. There are lots of choices, these are my recomendations:
- BlockBlock This watches for strange things happening behind the scenes and alerts you.
- RansomWhere? This watches for programs to start compressing and encrypting things without your immediate input.
- OverSight This watches access to camera and microphone.
On the other side there are password managers.